The day of the… random Edwards bar I’ve been to once
3 January 2010
If The Day of the Triffids was meant to be a big headline BBC Christmas drama, I’m sure I was meant to be involved enough not to be thinking things like:
- Have all the lead characters got Belstaff jackets?
- Were the producers reading the same book about the siege of Sarajevo that I read last week?
- How soon after Blindness came out did this get commissioned?
- When will Eddie Izzard’s villain capture the heroes and offer them cake or death?
- Oh, look, Eddie Izzard’s palace is an Edwards bar in Hammersmith
- Afraid they’d have done this better in the last Torchwood